• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Saito F/S 83?

Started by Bill Eads, February 19, 2015, 11:59:41 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Bill Eads

Tends to surge while at full throttle in flight. RPM up and down with no change in the throttle setting.
on the ground, needle setting can be changed slightly from rich to lean with little effect on the engine operation?

Any ideas??

Bill E

Sonny Coleman

Sounds like the engine is infected with glow fuel.  ;D
"The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it"<br />John Ruskin

Bill Eads

""Sounds like the engine is infected with glow fuel.  ""

And TIM wondered why people don't post here often,,,,

GRIN.....

Thanks Sonny, I will look into that....
Might be them 'lectrons from the on board batteries are slipping into the fuel tank?

Bill E

Glenn Williams

On a more serious note. Does it do this on the stand as well? Have you by chance checked your throttle curves in your radio? How are the end points set and trim settings?

Glenn

Bill Eads

""Does it do this on the stand as well"""
Yup, needle changes do little while on the ground,, and the surge is there as well.
For a while it seemed that the surge would go away while in the air, but then I realized that I seldom fly over 1/2 throttle on the old bipe..

"Have you by chance checked your throttle curves""

?????? must be a "new" TX thing, I do not have "curves" on my TX??

"How are the end points set and trim settings"

End points are set to stop moving the servo when the throttle is full open or full closed.
Trim is set for a solid idle, able to increase or decrease as needed.
I also have the throttle stop set on the TX to kill the engine.

Bill E

Glenn Williams

What transmitter are you using? Also what servo are you using on the throttle? Can you post a picture of your setup?

Glenn

Bill Eads

Glenn,

"What transmitter are you using? "
Futaba 6 channel.

"Also what servo are you using on the throttle?"
What ever Darrell Abby put in the plane when he built it?????

Servo does NOT move during the surges.
I feel that it is more likely an engine problem and not a TX/RX/servo problem.......

"Can you post a picture of your setup?"
cant photo setup with out taking the aircraft apart,,,,,but I need to set the valves soon so the cowling will be coming off soon. cant remember if the servo is under the cowling or somewhere in the fuselage?
Bill E