• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Fuselage still in the grass 06-28-15

Started by Paul Lange, June 29, 2015, 11:12:58 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Lange

Pilots - there is a large gasser Hellcat fuselage somewhere in the tall grass out there.  06-28-15 the aircrafts wing separated from the fuselage....I found the wing as the pilot and I walked the grass for a good 45min....never did find the fuselage.  The wing was found just Northeast of the small flag in the grass field.  The Aircraft was flying North and thought for sure it went down way before the wing .....have not walked the Southern end of the grass yet.

I forgot the Pilot's name....he was a guest flyer from the Richardson club field....anyway hope we can find it before mowing out there

I also posted the same notice in the "NEWS" section of the website thread......

By the way.....the field is in excellent shape....cudo's to the mowers and workers that quickly got the field back into shape ...

Paul Lange
Best Regards - Paul H Lange

Steve Rogers

Did they find the fuselage yet?

I just read this again and you said you thought "the fuselage would go down before the wing."

I can take that two ways, the fuselage is heavy and would hit the ground first, or that the fuselage would go down south of where the wing went down.

When the wing on my plane came off, the fuselage went about 500 feet farther, in the direction of flight, from where the wing went down and I was only flying at about 100 altitude.

Did you look north of where the wing went down?
Signed: Steve Rogers (As far as you know)
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
For Herb: All facts have not been personally verified by me for accuracy. Use them at your own risk.

Paul Lange

Apparently there is an expensive motor and new servo's on that plane.......I guess it's still out there......I just got back from a vacation trip so have not been to the field in three weeks.  Sure hope somebody finds that fuselage before the brushog gets to it!!!!!

-Paul Lange
Best Regards - Paul H Lange

Harold Staats

At one time there was a young man that was very good at finding lost down planes for a small reward.  Does anyone have his name and number?
Harold Staats

Steve Rogers

George the aircraft finder. 972-504-6545. I posted his number in several places at the field.
For Herb: All facts have not been personally verified by me for accuracy. Use them at your own risk.

Steve Rogers

Did you look north of where the wing went down? (Question from previous post)

Seems like a good job for a quad copter. There was one at the field today.