• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Top Flite P-47 ARF Project

Started by Lane C., February 10, 2016, 04:28:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lane C.

Darrell, got some help out here on the CG. She balanced 6.5 inches off the LE at the wing root. The booklet calls for 6-3/8 inches. So, not bad without shifting anything. That's still less than 35 percent MAC. I will add maybe 8 ounces of lead under the engine box to make sure the CG is forward enough. She weighed in at about 23 pounds. I found a problem with the left main gear. Went up fine, but wouldn't come down. The gear wouldn't unlock without a bump-up to take pressure off the gear up-lock mechanism. I need to refine the mounting situation before I even try to take it to the field. Didn't get a chance to take any pics on the gear. Dang.
Current Build = BUSA 1/4 Fokker DVII
Just Finished = Meister 118" A6M3 Model 22 Zero
Future Build = Top Flite ARC F6F Hellcat

dlabby

Copy all. that's good news. thanks.
Darrell Abby

Lane C.

May 06, 2016, 11:29:00 am #77 Last Edit: May 09, 2016, 10:48:04 am by Lane C.
Flight tested the new Spektrum Rx yesterday in my Sr Telemaster. Flew well, so now to install in the P-47. Just a few minor things to do on the plane and then take to the field to get the engine running and Barry to tune to perfection! ha

I gave the silver and white some protection from gas with some clear gloss polyurethane. Kinda matches the rest of the plane now.

Lane C.

Got the last couple of things done and she's ready to take out to the field for engine runs and taxi tests. Rain is scheduled for the next week or so. No big hurry.

Steve Rogers

Signed: Steve Rogers (As far as you know)
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
For Herb: All facts have not been personally verified by me for accuracy. Use them at your own risk.

Lane C.

Might still be kinda wet on the filed. Also, gotta have engine Guru Barry to tune my DLE-55. ha. He's on family reunion this weekend.

Lane C.

I gotta have Bob Sweeny with a gunsight if he's gonna shoot-down Barry Von Richtoven's FW-190A!

Barry Ponder

I'm back from east Texas. Had a great time with the family at the reunion. I ate too much again.  Ha. Next week may be a wash.  Hope it's drys by the biplane event. We Will get that engine tuned Fat. so she will break in good and slooow. That way the axis power planes will have Fun too.   :).  Barry

Lane C.

Got the tail numbers in on Saturday. There's always one more thing to do on a scale plane. Like Dave platt says, "You never finish a scale project, you just quit working on them."

Lane C.

Barry flew the P-47 for me this afternoon on her maiden voyage. Flew just about perfect. We tuned the engine first since it's brand new, then I charged the batts and put the cowl back on and then let her rip. Great takeoff and flight, great landing. Congrats to Barry for a fine first flight. Looking forward to more flights soon. Sorry, no inflight pics. Barry's photo.

Barry Ponder

It was a pleasure that all went well. Landed a little long but taxied out of the ruff with no problem. She will be a good regular at the field for Lane. Also a nice looker too.    Barry

Steve Rogers

Signed: Steve Rogers (As far as you know)
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
For Herb: All facts have not been personally verified by me for accuracy. Use them at your own risk.