• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Flying Racing Quads in 25+ MPH Winds *Video*

Started by Sonny Coleman, April 10, 2017, 07:30:32 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonny Coleman

"The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it"<br />John Ruskin

dlabby

Looks like you are doing pretty darn good even in the wind; low to ground too. I'm glad you are setting up down by the tree because having trucks and people up top of hill is not good if someone wants to use the helicopter air space. Trucks/cars up there are a worry.
This video streamed a lot better than the last one; good job on it. Others are having trouble uploading videos, so I hear. Maybe you can post a primer on how/where they can put them on web site and then post the link.
Darrell Abby

Sonny Coleman

Thank you Darrell, I'm still learning to fly these things.

As far as uploading videos, I have to process each of the movies taken from the action camera in a program that makes the videos launch from all the different browsers and platforms. I use a program called Easy HTML-5 that creates all the files and folders needed to run a video from a browser.

Most people just post their videos on YouTube then link to the YouTube video.

We have some signage to post regarding turning on your quad without checking to see what video channel(s) are currently being utilized, or you could blind a quad pilot causing a potential crash or worse, a lost quad. Those things are hard to find sometimes. Pretty much like the bad old days when flying 72mHz, we have to keep up with the available video frequencies, and we are working on that little issue.

I think we need to put some thought to the parking situation in the quad area. I'm not comfortable parking down in the track area, so what I plan to do is drive down and offload my gear then park in a regular designated parking area. That would free-up the helicopter area for helicopters or beginner quad practice, and those flying on the quad track can pretty much have the whole area to fly in and explore without a car being in the way.

Sonny
"The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it"<br />John Ruskin

dlabby

Thank you, I like that practice. Not very convenient for you guys though. But I am going to mention this 'policy' tonight at the meeting. The officers may be making some minor changes to 'field rules' to include quad track so if you have any suggestions/additions, let me know. I like the way things are going.  :)
Darrell Abby