• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

We flew - I fought the tree and the tree won....twice

Started by Paul Lange, May 30, 2017, 09:33:02 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul Lange

May 30, 2017, 09:33:02 am Last Edit: May 30, 2017, 10:30:21 am by Paul Lange
Made my first rounds full FPV at the Quad Track beneath GasTank Tree......with David Cook and Mike Kopf yesterday...really fun and great company.

I am nowhere near the quad pilot as David and Mike are....they have made some kind of "arrangement" with the surrounding trees.  I however...am still paying Homage to them while trying to make peace with the trees......it seems for now....the trees and I are at war

Paul H Lange
Best Regards - Paul H Lange

Sonny Coleman

There are two major quad eating trees on either end of the track that sometimes reach out and try to knock down any nearby 4-rotor aircraft. Some of the tree limbs are invisible until you are about 2-feet away and are unable to avoid them. I call those kinds of tree limbs "Ghost Limbs" because they appear out of nowhere.
"The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it"<br />John Ruskin

Mike Kopf

I also slammed into a ghost tree at the hairpin turn on the west end of the track. It was that little dude on the inside of the turn.
I hit so hard, it ripped the balance plug right out of Paul's Lipo I was borrowing.