• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Top RC Models Composite Spitfire ARF/Build

Started by Lane C., April 10, 2018, 05:01:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

dlabby

Looks real good, Lane. Hope to see at least one of your planes Saturday.
Darrell Abby

Steve Rogers

Signed: Steve Rogers (As far as you know)
Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.
For Herb: All facts have not been personally verified by me for accuracy. Use them at your own risk.

Lane C.

Current Build = BUSA 1/4 Fokker DVII
Just Finished = Meister 118" A6M3 Model 22 Zero
Future Build = Top Flite ARC F6F Hellcat

Lane C.

Hard to believe it was last May that I had the Spitfire out to the field. Today, managed to get one flight on the old girl. Barry was flying and she was very fast. But, the retracts failed to extend and Barry had to belly land her. Minor damage, broken prop. No big deal. The ring nut came off the Robart retract valve and rendered it inoperable. Plug wire came off as well. Nice day to be out in the Sun and outdoors.

Lane C.

New day and the problems are fixed and repaired. Main loss was a $30 prop. But, compared to the model itself, small change. I also did a fix for the cockpit component coming off. It's pretty ugly and even Barry said so! Ha. But, if the new spring holds it on a test run, I can remove the O-Rings. Better than losing the model if that cockpit popped off inflight. But, like I told Barry, "Whizzing past at 90 MPH, you'll never notice it!"

dlabby

Well, the poor Spit did have a frown on her face. Always good to find a reason for the mishap. Even better if it is an easy fix. Sign off the Form 781 and put her back on the line.
Darrell Abby

Barry Ponder

She is a joy to fly and very fast. Ya. That's the way I like my warbirds.
She could be a mini Hellbitch.
Barry.
Ps. When she get all the bugs worked out, she could be a really good ever day flyer.