• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Meister Scale Zero Maidened Sat 10-5-19

Started by Lane C., October 06, 2019, 10:40:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Lane C.

October 06, 2019, 10:40:26 am Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 10:42:47 am by Lane C.
Barry Ponder took the controls and flew the Zero thru an almost flawless first flight. I was taking some still photos and Paul Lange was working the video camera. Maiden flights are usually just a few turns around the field and a landing. But, Barry took the Zero thru all the "contest" maneuvers on the two flights we made. Really an exciting first two flights. Sorry for those of you who missed it. A few pics of the maiden and a link to the video.

https://vimeo.com/364560369
Current Build = F6F TF 86" Hellcat
Just Finished = Meister 118" A6M3 Model 22 Zero
Future Build = BUSA 1/4 Fokker DVII

Barry Ponder

She's a good flyer. My first landing was not the best. The second was better but this bird has to flown under power all the way down till the wheels touch then get off the throttle. She's too heavy to glide and grease to a landing with the throttle back.  That's not a problem but notable that 50 pounds doesn't want to glide to much without power. Ha
Way to go Lane a on a great build.
She ever bit a fast as the Hell Bit h 1. 
Ps. Second landing was better just a small hop.
Barry

Sonny Coleman

Nice job guys!

Wish I could have been there to see her fly.

50 lbs!! she's a bit portly, but with that huge wing she'll be ok.

Nice job Barry on the maiden. You never know what your gonna get on a maiden, but with the plane being built at Crabtree Airmotive I would know the plane was built straight, balanced properly, and that the engine had been broken in and tested to the max.

Lane I know you are proud as punch that she flies and looks great!

Nice work all,

Sonny
"The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it"<br />John Ruskin

Glenn Williams

dlabby

Congrats to both the builder and pilot. Hope to see her at the scale fun fly.
Darrell Abby

Lane C.

Darrell. The struts are too soft, so won't bring to the meet. I have ordered some new springs to test out later. Had to take the struts apart to get to the springs, so, will be down for a while. Will likely bring the UV-20A Porter to the meet. Lane

PS, thanks all for the comments.
Current Build = F6F TF 86" Hellcat
Just Finished = Meister 118" A6M3 Model 22 Zero
Future Build = BUSA 1/4 Fokker DVII