• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Multi-Rotor Forum Board Added

Started by Sonny Coleman, August 08, 2016, 08:39:56 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Sonny Coleman

With the booming multi-rotor aspect of our hobby growing in leaps and bounds it's good to have a place for those interested to have a place to post information and share their experiences with other like minded hobbyists.

I am very interested in the 250 class FPV (first person view) racing quadcopters because they are both fun to build and challenging to fly. I have no burning desire to compete, but I really do enjoy the challenge of assembling and flying these quick little quads. YouTube is filled with great building and flying videos, which I used to build my first machine last month (July).

The parts and pieces needed to build a 250 sized quadcopter are relatively inexpensive. I chose to go the the goggle route for my FPV flying experience. A company called FatShark sells both the video transmitters (in the quad) and the goggles that are used to fly the quad. Goggles and batteries seem to be the most expensive items needed to fly FPV. I selected the FrSky Taranis transmitter because FrSky transmitters and receivers are high quality and inexpensive.

Flying one of those little quads is quite challenging, but its about as close as you can get to driving a formula one racer because those little quads are fast and maneuverable. I plan on setting up a simple quad race track with hoops to fly through and foam post corner markers.

More info to follow:
"The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it"<br />John Ruskin