• Welcome to Greater Southwest Aero Modelers Chat Forum. Please login or sign up.

Meister A6M3 Model 22 Zeke Build

Started by Lane C., September 02, 2017, 09:22:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lane C.

October 15, 2019, 06:57:31 PM #405 Last Edit: October 15, 2019, 07:02:18 PM by Lane C.
I have one wing back together with new heavier spring in the strut.
Current Build = 1/3 BUSA Fokker DVII

Lane C.

I thought I had posted flight photos of the Hell Bitch II here. Guess not.

Lane C.

Sadly, I sold the Zero on Sat, 12-5-20. Went to a good home on the East Coast. I plan to limit future builds to less than 100 inches span and less than 40 pounds. The big models are kind of a pain to get to and from the field. At 50 pounds, the Meister Zero was a struggle to get assembled without help. So, with the loss of my right index finger, with a few other reasons to boot, I sold her. That leaves Barry's A6M2 Model 21 Zero to still be the hot-dog star Zeke at our field. Ha.

Lane C.

New Meister Zero owner flew the Zero back in Salem, VA and made this video. He has a robot camera that follows the transponder on the Zero's cowl. Works pretty neat. Nice field back East, huh? Flew with the Meister built centerline tank as well. Barry and I didn't fly that on the first 2 flights here. Jeff said it flew well with the tank. He also added a gyro to the Rx and said it then flew "like it was on rails!"

Select 360p video quality, or better, for better video. Lower rates seem to be fuzzy.

Meister Zero Flight

Darrell Abby

Well, I'm sorry to see this plane go. Very good video from Jeff. Zero flew great and the DA sounded flawless.
I'm not sure that new D VII 1/3 scale is "under 100 inches". Haha. Good to see you building again.
Darrell Abby

Lane C.

Hi Darrell, Sorry to see the Meister Zero go myself. Jeff is a skilled Giant Scale pilot so he'll take good care of her.

I have planned to build a 1/3 DVII since 2017, so, this one gets a bit of "grandfather clause" going for it in regard to my new size and weight limits! Ha. The reason I built the 1/4 scale DVII was that I felt the 1/3 scale wouldn't fit in the truck. However, I now feel I can put the tail-end in first and hang the front off the tailgate in the down position with the camper shell top hatch closed against the top of the model with bungeee cords and padding. But, it will be a good build no matter what. Will also be good physical (and mental) therapy in the process.