• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

Blues and Birds over NYC 4-28-20

Started by Lane C., April 30, 2020, 04:09:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lane C.

April 30, 2020, 04:09:15 PM Last Edit: April 30, 2020, 04:12:21 PM by Lane C.
17 minute video shot from a lot of angles. The two demo teams flew over NYC and three other cities for a tribute.

"The US Navy Blue Angels and US Air Force Thunderbirds performed a very rare joint flyover above New York City, Trenton, Newark, and Philadelphia on April 28, 2020 to honor health care and essential workers fighting the COVID-19 pandemic. The teams departed from NAS Pensacola in Florida and were refueling mid-flight by four KC-10 Extenders before returning back to Pensacola.

Flyovers will continue around the country under the name Operation America Strong."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JESy0CnYPw&feature=youtu.be

Current Build = TF Hellcat RTC
Just Finished = BUSA 1/4 Fokker DVII
Before That = Meister 118" A6M3 Model 22 Zero

Lane C.

Blues and Birds coming over FW/DAL on Wed. Should be a good show. I doubt I will see them out this far, but might drive into FW to see it. Supposed to be between 11 am and Noon. Mark Fuess put out a map of the flight path.

John J. Stanzak

Heard it is only the Blues for here. The birds are not flying here.
"If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter -- and therefore, unsafe."

Lane C.

John, yes, that's what we saw today - no T -Birds. Not sure why no Birds. Got a couple of pics out by Carswell.

John J. Stanzak

I think with the time frame for us,Houston and Louisiana. The only way I could see it working was if they split up. It was like a 45 to one hour split between each flyover today and unless they flew Milpower I don't see how they could make it especially with have to fuel.
"If the wings are traveling faster than the fuselage, it's probably a helicopter -- and therefore, unsafe."