• Welcome, Guest. Please login.

TF Hellcat RTC

Started by Lane C., June 20, 2020, 07:59:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lane C.

Thanks, Sonny, it worked but I can only load one pic per update. So, for 3 pics, I have to SAVE, and then add the next one, SAVE, and then the last one and SAVE.
Current Build = TF Hellcat RTC
Just Finished = BUSA 1/4 Fokker DVII
Before That = Meister 118" A6M3 Model 22 Zero

dlabby

I can't get any picture to load. When I drag/drop a photo., the photo enlarges on screen. Nothing on web site is available. So I hit back arrow and it returns to empty text box and my previous text is gone. Not working.
Darrell Abby

Sonny Coleman

Time to do some website detective work and find the culprit causing this image upload issue.

I recently upgraded the web server's PHP version. Might be a good place to start there.

Sonny
"The highest reward for a person's toil is not what they get for it, but what they become by it"<br />John Ruskin

Lane C.

Sonny, Maybe so! This problem only happened a few days ago. So, it was a very recent overnight change in something.

dlabby

I tried Chrome today. In the forums that I checked there was no reply box at the bottom so you can't input anything. In this Firefox I have "reply" box.
Darrell Abby

Lane C.

June 30, 2020, 12:44:47 PM #20 Last Edit: June 30, 2020, 04:36:11 PM by Lane C.
You have to be sneaky to get a photo posted.

I cut out the cowl flaps today. Not a hard job, just time consuming. Glassed them in place.

Glassed the belly pan in case of gear up landing. You can usually count on at least ONE of those!

dlabby

Your cowl flaps look exactly like mine. Are you glassing the belly pan onto the wing center section? I see no reason for it to be a separate piece. Covering is looking good.
Darrell Abby

Lane C.

July 01, 2020, 06:40:54 PM #22 Last Edit: July 01, 2020, 06:48:44 PM by Lane C.
Quote from: dlabby on July 01, 2020, 10:54:16 AMYour cowl flaps look exactly like mine. Are you glassing the belly pan onto the wing center section? I see no reason for it to be a separate piece. Covering is looking good.

Yes, Darrell, the old saying applies here "Great minds think alike! Ha!

I didn't glass the pan to the wing but CA'd it. Cut a 1/16 swath out of the covering along the pencil line I drew and then used thick CA and activator to glue it down directly to the balsa. Took some serious hand pressure to keep it in place. I agree, no need to make the pan separate. I'll have to do some masking to paint the belly pan later on, but wanted to get it fitted before painting so I could do any additional work on it if needed. Thanks on the covering compliment. Lane