• Welcome to Greater Southwest Aero Modelers Chat Forum. Please login or sign up.

Balsa USA 1/4 Scale Fokker DVII Kit Build

Started by Lane C., March 01, 2020, 08:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lane C.

Had a bit of bad luck running the engine. Got my right hand in the prop and dinged my right index finger. So, that's the final set back on the DVII for the 2020 season. WILL have to wait till next season to see how she flies. Sadly, will not make the Biplane meet on Sat either. Lane
Current Build = 1/3 BUSA Fokker DVII

Lane C.

Got a new cast on Tues. Blaze Orange. You get to pick your color these days. Ha. Not all bad news on the index finger. Mostly good news. Dr is taking it a week at a time. We'll see how she goes!

Lane C.

2nd trip to Dr to see how the finger is looking. Good news is that no longer have a cast. Bad news is I will lose the end of the finger. So, hated the cast and glad it's gone. Kinda figured the finger was going away to some degree. Be another 2 weeks till we decide about the surgery.

dlabby

Sure, sorry to hear about your mishap. We try to be careful but accidents still seem to happen. Sure hope it heals for the best outcome possible. Going to be very hard to do our kind of stuff for a while. Sep-Oct events have been the best ever; lots of people and great weather. We miss you and Barry. Tim Dickey from Phoenix won TX Scale Champ. I know him from NATS and Scalemaster contests and he builds superb models and very good pilot as well. Mark Fuess had NiMh battery fire today and destroyed his entire shop, tools, planes, generator, etc. Bad. but didn't get to the house. Haven't been on here for a while; everything is on club facebook group now. Take care of that hand.
Darrell Abby

Lane C.

Hi Darrell, thanks for the update. Yep, XXIT happens! Still haven't gotten the finger's final cut yet. Looks like Monday. That's just over one month from the accident. Medicine has gotten WAY too complicated these days.

Sorry to hear Mark had a fire in his shop. 

I'm not a Facebook user, so, I just post here and RCSB. Hope to get back out in 2021. Lane

Lane C.

October 26, 2020, 08:40:43 PM #95 Last Edit: October 27, 2020, 10:58:30 AM by Lane C.
Had finger surgery this morning. Went well. Will have to wait a while to see the exact cut have a bandage and large wrap on there for now. Dr's appt next week.  Lane

Photo gives an idea of where the cut is. Ha.

Lane C.

Been 6 months since the accident. New flying season is here, so, back to the 1/4 DVII. Still needs a maiden flight. Barry will do the honors when the weather settles down a bit. Going to run the engine tomorrow as that's what I was doing last Sept 25. I think it's going to be fine, but need to check before taking her to the field.

I have taken serious precautions on keeping the gal in place while I run the engine. Three eyebolts, parachute cord, chocks, weights on the table legs, playing it for real! ha

Looking forward to seeing her get airborne soon. Hope to get still pics and video. Lane

Lane C.

Ran the engine yesterday. Still not enough prop. Ran a 19x8 and turned 7K RPM. Going to try a 20x8 next. Hope to get her running smooth with a bigger prop. The DVII doesn't need speed, just power.